1. CHILDREN’S TERMS
Makongo Hills Lodge – Rates
- Children 0 – 3 years free of charge
- Children 4 – 11 years 50% of the adult rate
- Children 12 years and above, full adult rate
The above rates are per child per night
The Nyala family room can accommodate a maximum of 4 children under the age of 13 years
The Giraffe room, sharing with 2 adults, can accommodate 1 extra bed in the room for the child
The Nyala and Giraffe rooms are linked by a short passage and door and are suitable as a family suite.
Rates Include: Accommodation, all meals and two game drives daily (subject to points a. & b. under CONDITIONS)
Rates Exclude: Soft drinks, alcohol and Makongo Hills conservation levies, at R100.00 per person per night, which goes toward funding our anti-poaching unit, reserve maintenance, animal welfare and future conservation efforts.
Game Drive Policy for Children
- Due to safety reasons, and subject to (b) below, children under the age of 8 years will not be allowed on safaris with other guests. No children under the age of 12 years allowed on bush walks.
- Children between the age of 3 and 8 years may only accompany their parents/guardians on safari if there is exclusive use of a safari vehicle. The usage of an exclusive vehicle is subject to availability, a surcharge, and restrictions at sightings due to possible disturbance to animals and/or guests on other vehicles.
- A short “Youngster Game Drive” after breakfast can be arranged, at an extra charge
- Makongo Hills reserves the right of allowing or disallowing children on safari for any possible reason and this is at the discretion of the General Manager/Ranger of the vehicle.
- The Children’s Policy and Rates applies to standard, group and exclusive use reservations.